As you might imagine, I’ve had more than one person ask if I plan to write a book on this topic (Launching a Consulting Business). My response: probably. And, these posts are the fodder for that.
While I’m not yet done posting on this topic I thought it would be useful, for those interested, to create a sort of “Table of Contents” so that the posts can be read more easily “in order” – as an eBook.
As such, here we go…Click on any of the topics below and you are on your way!
Launching a Consulting Business – Table of Contents
- The Litmus Test
- What Is Your Value Proposition?
- Define Your Market
- Define Your Competition
- Run The Numbers
- Engage A Board Of Advisors
- Startup Administrivia
- Your Shingle
- Your Pitch
- Marketing Collateral
- Prepare To Make Some Noise
- Foundational Content
- #1 Marketing Channel – Part 1
- #1 Marketing Channel – Part 2
- #1 Marketing Channel – Part 3
- Shamelessly Promote
- Establish 3 Reference Accounts
- How To Avoid Feast vs. Famine
- Don’t Try To Do It All Yourself
- The Boring Stuff – Part 1 (Legal)
- The Boring Stuff – Part 2 (Accounting & Finance)
- The Boring Stuff – Part 3 (Insurance)
- Don’t Get Wrapped Around the Axle
- Where Are The Opportunities?
- Networking For Opportunities?
- Be Found!
- Be There!
- Be Connected!
- Be Equipped!
- The Image
- Where do I get a job like that ?!?
- The Mental Game
- Nothing Like Entrepreneurship
- Shamelessly Promote: Part 2
Again, there is still potentially more to come.
I hope that you find this organization of the posts on Launching a Consulting Business helpful. And, feel free to respond with any questions you may have or related topics you’d like covered.
All the best!
[…] – If you are considering getting on this path you are encouraged to read the prior posts on Launching a Consulting Business. Even if you have no desire to become a consultant, this series of posts covers topics that apply […]
[…] After exiting corporate employment and committing to the execution of my business plan everything came together perfectly, in due time. If you’d like to read about the details of my business launch simply click here. […]
[…] I had completed the series on Launching a Consulting Business, with the post which provided an index to the 25 + articles written on the […]
[…] Launch a consulting business, click here […]
[…] one becomes highly productive and self-employed. Pay special attention to the series of posts on Launching a Consulting Business. The purpose of this post is to add some icing on the cake based on the current example, in which […]
[…] Click here to go to the index of the series of posts on launching a business. […]
[…] Click here to go to the index of articles on Launching a Business. […]