As you might imagine, I’ve had more than one person ask if I plan to write a book on this topic (Launching a Consulting Business). My response: probably. And, these posts are the fodder for that.
While I’m not yet done posting on this topic I thought it would be useful, for those interested, to create a sort of “Table of Contents” so that the posts can be read more easily “in order” – as an eBook.
As such, here we go…Click on any of the topics below and you are on your way!
Launching a Consulting Business – Table of Contents
- The Litmus Test
- What Is Your Value Proposition?
- Define Your Market
- Define Your Competition
- Run The Numbers
- Engage A Board Of Advisors
- Startup Administrivia
- Your Shingle
- Your Pitch
- Marketing Collateral
- Prepare To Make Some Noise
- Foundational Content
- #1 Marketing Channel – Part 1
- #1 Marketing Channel – Part 2
- #1 Marketing Channel – Part 3
- Shamelessly Promote
- Establish 3 Reference Accounts
- How To Avoid Feast vs. Famine
- Don’t Try To Do It All Yourself
- The Boring Stuff – Part 1 (Legal)
- The Boring Stuff – Part 2 (Accounting & Finance)
- The Boring Stuff – Part 3 (Insurance)
- Don’t Get Wrapped Around the Axle
- Where Are The Opportunities?
- Networking For Opportunities?
- Be Found!
- Be There!
- Be Connected!
- Be Equipped!
- The Image
- Where do I get a job like that ?!?
- The Mental Game
- Nothing Like Entrepreneurship
- Shamelessly Promote: Part 2
Again, there is still potentially more to come.
I hope that you find this organization of the posts on Launching a Consulting Business helpful. And, feel free to respond with any questions you may have or related topics you’d like covered.
All the best!