During a recent check-in to Yahoo! Finance I came across a very good, inspiring article titled: “78 years ago, a journalist studied 500 men and boiled down their success into 13 steps.”
In a nutshell, the article summarizes how Andrew Carnegie, who became the richest man in the world after starting with little more than a penny upon arriving in the US from Scotland, took a budding journalist under his wing. This journalist (Napoleon Hill, author of the best seller Think and Grow Rich) was entrusted to document — and share with the world — the strategies that turned him [Carnegie] into one of the wealthiest and most successful businessmen of all time.
While the resulting book Think and Grow Rich is a must read for all, this article boils down the teachings into the following 13 steps:
- Desire: You have to want it.
- Faith: Believe that you can achieve your goal.
- Auto-suggestion: Use affirmations to reach your goal.
- Specialized knowledge: Gain experiences and continue learning.
- Imagination: Come up with ideas and visualize your success.
- Organized planning: Take action.
- Decision: Defeat procrastination with decisiveness.
- Persistence: Don’t stop until you get what you want.
- Power of the Master Mind: Surround yourself with the best.
- The Mystery of Sex Transmutation: Choose a compatible partner.
- The Subconscious Mind: Master positivity and dismiss negative emotions.
- The Brain: Associate with other smart people and learn from them.
- The Sixth Sense: Trust your gut.
You’ll note that these steps include NOTHING that could be considered:
- A “get rich quick” scheme
- Impractical or outdated
Instead, observe that MOST of what is outlined above involves the development, nurturing and effective use of our MIND.
Is there anyone reading this that doesn’t have one? A mind, that is?
The obvious answer is: NO!
Then, if you are not where you want to be, all you need to do is follow the 13 steps outlined above, which are covered in a little more detail in the referenced article, by clicking here. While this is a great way to “get started” you can continue the process by grabbing a copy of the complete document – Think and Grow Rich.
In closing, the 13 steps are NOT hard. It is simply a matter of putting our MIND to it.
What are you waiting for?
All the best!