During today’s scan of Yahoo! Finance, I came across a GREAT article: Top 6 Regrets of the Dying.
The article is a summary of a book published by a nurse, resulting from her counseling patients in their final 12 weeks of life.
You are encouraged to read the complete article (it is short) as it shares keen insight on each of the top 6 regrets, which are:
- I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me
- I wish I didn’t work so hard
- I wish I’d had the courage to express my feelings
- I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends
- I wish that I had let myself be happier
- I should have saved more money for my retirement
Let’s face it…
- Life is short!
- We are ALL going to reach the end of the road, at some point.
- When people arrive there they have extreme clarity on what is TRULY important in life. Let’s listen!
- Avoiding the common regrets does NOT require that we become super-wealthy, over-achievers.
The good news: We only need to consciously DECIDE on how we want our lives to turn out and take the necessary actions to get there by making EVERY day count!
Let’s arrive at the final stage of life with NO regrets!
Gotta go now…My wife and I are going on a long-haul bike ride 🙂
Have a great day!