There are 3 words that we might use to characterize ourselves, as relates to our disposition towards life.
While we’ve ALL, at least temporarily, demonstrated characteristics of each of these, we generally have a tendency to fall into one of the above as our prevailing disposition.
Which are you?
- Life is a constant struggle.
- “Unforeseen” obstacles or issues seem to keep popping up – relentlessly.
- Much of life is already decided, based upon someone else’s actions or decisions.
- Negativity and complaining is the norm.
- A great deal of thinking is focused on the past: “Oh, I wish I had or hadn’t“; “Where are the good ole days?” Or, fretting about the future: “How will I pay for…?“; “What will happen if…?“
- Happiness is something they are waiting on, from someone or something “out there.”
- Circumstances rule the day.
This is the easy group. They don’t really care. The good news is that they don’t complain, either. They just take it as it comes and go with the flow. All-in-all, they seem to be a pretty happy bunch 🙂
- Life is an adventure, full of never-ending (often self-imposed) challenges and opportunities (i.e., EXPERIENCES).
- Life’s issues and obstacles are immediately KNOCKED DOWN so they can keep moving.
- No-one decides upon their life, but them.
- Optimism and encouragement is the norm.
- A great deal of thinking is focused on: “What am I going to do / achieve / become next?“; “Who / how can I help?“
- Happiness comes from the inside (the spirit), which is the ONLY source of joy!
- Circumstances are CREATED when they don’t align with their aspirations.
The purpose of this post is NOT to judge a particular category. The point is to share perspective so that we each can determine which bucket we are in, decide if we are happy there and change if we are NOT happy.
Again, we’ve all exhibited characteristics from each of these broad categories, from time-to-time. That is only natural. The key question is: Which is the prevailing disposition for me?
Well, I’ll take the Creators.
How do I become a Creator? Scour this site and you will be on your way 🙂
Have a great week!